Post by Netherlands - Nanette (admin) on Jan 30, 2014 9:22:52 GMT 1
Here are the participants for this thread. Voting will start Febr 8, 21.00 CET.
- You can not vote if you are playing in this thread!!!!!!!! We will have to disqualify you if you do so
- You can not vote in a thread where girls from your country are playing (including wildcard girls from your country)!!! We will have to disqualify you if you do so
- You can vote 1x for the card you like the most
- Choose the one you like the most in the poll (top of this thread, if you can't see the poll on your mobile device, please check it on the computer itself)
- The results of the voting will be visible February 10, 21.00u CET
- We heve decided the 80% of round one will continue to the next round. We have 11 entries here, the first 8 with the most votes will continue to round 2. If there is an equal amount of votes for number 8 and 9, both will continue .
Post by Canada - Corinne on Feb 2, 2014 18:09:56 GMT 1
here's my ATC - Home Tweet Home not sure what happened with the size - sorry! my atc was made by using cardstock, plumbers or foil tape, gesso, embossing, alcohol ink, sanding, a Prima wooden bird coloured with distress marker, a few chit chat words and a couple of twigs. my blog is at: braunc13, thanks for voting!
Post by Germany Jenny Pilz on Feb 4, 2014 10:50:55 GMT 1
I have chosen a quote from my favourite book ever Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. Jane says to Mr. Rochester: "wherever you are is my home". The band that connect the two hearts of Jane and Mr. Rochester is mentioned by Mr. Rochester as he confess how much she meens to him: "it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame."
Now I explain how I have made the ATC. I cut out the ATC from white cardstock, distressed the edges, dabed Perfect Medium on the edges and embossed it with WOW! Embossing Powder Metallic Gold Sparkle. Than I cut out white cardstock a litle bite smaller than the ATC, stamped with a text stamp from Artemio and Archival Ink Aqua, distressed the edges, brushed it with Glimmer Glaze Waterfall (a blue lack) and applied gel medium with an mask from Lablanche and a palette knife. The two heads are stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black (I do not know the company of the stamps.) and colourized with oil pastels, baby oil and a Pen nib. The hearts are also made out of white cardstock. I have embossed them with a metal template an an embossing pen by hand. After cutting them out I have brushed them with Glimmer Glaze Plumeria, covered them with Crackle Accents by Ranger and dust some rose glitter on them. I have made the band out of white copy paper which I have colourized with Distress Ink antique linen and the Blending Tool from Ranger. I have applied some Perfect Medium at the edges, embossed with Embossing Powder Sticky from Ranger and put Perfect Pearls Perfect Gold on it. I Have written the quote with a gold gel pen. To connect the two heart I have winded the band round the blue paper.
Post by Canada - Dawn Hueser on Feb 6, 2014 15:41:21 GMT 1
So for my piece I have pulled out the scraps of Graphic 45 papers, Rangers Stickles and Distress Inks, Tim Holtz Gears, and beaded chaain, I am not sure where the clock image came from as it was a scrap too. Daring to Dream and Design
Post by Germany - Blumensol on Feb 7, 2014 23:01:49 GMT 1
Hi Friends, i´m very happy to could participated here .
when i heard the word Home, i had to thinkof my childhood. i remenber how i was in my parent´s haus playing my Brothers and swinging on my swing. I used to pretend that I could fly that is why i chosed SWEET HOME in my work.